Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nothing is Impossible

My good news post today is about overcoming obstacles.  Please watch:




This video touches me so deeply, this man trained his body every day, looking forward to a goal that probably was the only thing he could see.  We may think being in the olympic games is a fruitless goal, but he must have truly believed in that goal, and forced his body to reach it.  I think the most heart wrenching part  is the look on his face as his Dad walks with him, the physical pain and the despair at the loss of his dream.

But...

He perseveres.  He crosses the finish line, not running, but limping.  He lost his dream but he found a new one because he didn't give up.  I can't imagine the horrible pain each step brought him.  That makes me reevaluate my life, all the "small things" that I complain about, and how I ignore my potential every single day.  I want to be that kind of person, the kind who doesn't quit, even in the face of overwhelming odds.  I want to be that kind of parent, the kind who will push through crowds and Security to get to my child in need, the kind who yells at others to back off so my child can succeed.  Obstacles are just that, obstacles.  They are not walls that can't be climbed, tunneled under or gone around.  They can be moved or you can move yourself to overcome them.

1 comment:

  1. That is just incredible. It touched me very deeply as well. It is also the very first thing I read today and I'm so glad. What a wonderful way to start my day. I was concerned with my own petty issues, and to see that (what I was able to see through my tears), I think will change not only today for me, but many days, and when I need to, I plan to keep coming back to your post of today *p.r.n.*

    Thank you once again!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete