Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Cheri Saga, Part....1?

I have officially started my new life.

That's right...I'm bona fide.  I picked up my little family, packed us in a truck...with a lil help from my friends  ;)...and moved us to a land far far away.   Well, it felt far far away after being cooped up in a truck together for so long!

I was so scared.  I thought, along with people who didn't wish me well, that I would never have the courage to do what I have just done.  I thought that I would live my entire life in the place that I was born, and that thought was so sad.  I have dreams, aspirations, bucket lists!!  I want to see things, wander places, meet new people.....but the little homebody in my head whispered that it was too dangerous, just stay here.

So anyway, here I am.  My new life is about to start, and I am very excited.  I went around my new city today, and I was overwhelmed with the beauty of it.  Everything is different, the air is different, the trees are different, the animals are different.  I am surrounded by water, it rushes along the ground and hangs in the air...it makes the sun a huge ball of colorful fire at sunrise and sunset.  I feel the pull of my mountains, and a little part of my heart grieves for them, and for the huge vistas of Colorado.  But I feel happy here.  It feels a bit like coming home.

So, now the saga of my life...begins?  Continues?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment