Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Toast To Mr. Disney...

Once upon a time.....yeah screw that.

I admit it, I am a Disney generation child.  I was that  cliche little girl who thought everything worked out happily ever after with lots of frills, pink things, shiny knights and wedding dresses.  Yes, there were going to be trials, but if I was stubborn, strong, and sang a LOT...my perfect man would appear, I could toss my hair and giggle, he would be forevermore smitten, and I would have my fairy tale ending.

*dies laughing*

I have to thank you Mr. Disney, because you made me go for that silly fairy tale, which quickly took on a Grimm complexion, ended horribly and taught me a lesson that will never be forgotten.  From that lesson, I learned to appreciate what REAL life and love is, and have found my true shiny knight.  My knight doesn't let me act like a helpless girly moron, pushes me to be a better person, teaches me how to survive this crazy real world, and treats me....and my children...with respect and love.  He knows what I need before I do, waits patiently while I drag my feet, anchors me when I float away, and pulls me back when I get lost.  He drives me crazy, makes me laugh, irritates me, and most of all loves me. He is man enough to let me be my true feminine self, I don't have to try to be the man too.

And he doesn't let me get away with any shenanigans.   ;)

So here's to you Mr. Disney, you taught me what not to expect from a real relationship, one that stands the test and lasts for a lifetime, and I have finally found real love.

*toasts*

3 comments:

  1. Mr Disney affected me that way too. I was Ariel with a man that I couldn't be with, that magic would change, or Belle, with a monster locked away, who with enough love and compassion would turn into an amazing prince. (you get the cliché's)

    Love comes at a price, and its damned hard work. I have learned when its right, you get out of it what you put into it. It's not always perfect, but when it is, it's the easiest thing ever.

    Here's to us, and knowing when its right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you the Stylish Blogger Award. I enjoy your blog a lot.

    Here's what goes with the award: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NEcrnGNZV30/TR0NiqsYnHI/AAAAAAAAAVs/jfDlqIru_OI/s1600/stylishblogger.jpg

    The Rules are as follows:
    1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
    done; again, thanks Lindsey
    2. Share 7 things about yourself
    3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
    So, thank you again, very much Lindsey at "Just Another MilSpouse"

    Hope you have a great New Year,

    Allison -- http://allysonwonderlands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete