Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Worst Month Ever!

This has been the worst month ever.  Seriously.  Everything I have has disappeared, malfunctioned, or  gone wrong.  I've had eviction notices and shut off notices, my car broke down again, my bank account was in the negative, my kids have outgrown everything.  My grandfather found out he has cancer, my father is sick.

All at Christmas, of course.

And yet, I feel happier than I ever have before.   Why, you might ask.  I have to point up to answer that question.  My little family has been overwhelmed, swamped even, with blessings that have all come straight from God.  My son's Boy Scout Troop found out about our circumstances and loaded us down with not only money that kept our heat on, but presents that are overflowing from our tree.  They brought us food, more presents, and are looking for someone to fix my car for free.  The church that helped us pay our rent found a family to sponsor ours for Christmas, and they brought wrapped presents, a box full of new movies like Letters to God, movie packs of snacks, and gift cards for each of us, in addition to a Visa card.  My friends have bent over backward to help get me to and from work, to the bank, to the grocery store.  I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about!  I have wept over and over in gratitude and awe of what we are receiving, and all I can conclude is that my spiritual questioning has been answered straight from God's mouth.

If you need me, I will be on my face giving my profuse thanks for blessings given to an unworthy, selfish child.  Me.

1 comment:

  1. Miracles happen in so many different ways. Each path we take, and lessons we learn, are a blessing. :) You, and your wonderful children are so VERY blessed. <3 Me and mine love you!

    ReplyDelete